Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cheap, value for money steaks at Everything at Steak



For a change, my date and I decided to take a break from the usual movie dinner dates. That’s why I planned this badminton and steaks date. Figured steaks would be a good peace offering after I beat his ass in badminton!!! LOL 
I suggested this small steakhouse I’ve been wanting to try for months now. Everything at Steakis located at 5 P.Guevarra St., San Juan, Phils. I knew it was just a small place but it was actually smaller than I expected. Nonetheless, the pastel yellow color scheme of the place gave off a homey and chill vibe. It’s right beside (or part of) the Petron Gas station (and across North Park)
It’s honestly hard to select a dish to try since everything seems so good! Like their lamb ribs, baby back ribs, chicken dishes and others. The cheap prices makes it even harder.
Decided to buy an appetizer. I actually wanted 2 but J knew we couldn’t finish it. We ended up with their Moo fries, which we absolutely loved. (Home style fries drenched with melted cheese, meat and tomato sauce, spicy yoghurt dressing and chives for only P140)
After much debate on which main dish to get, we decided to order 2 of their steaks (it is a steak house after all): T-bone Steak (P195)and their New York Steak (P185) with mac & cheese andmeatball pasta as our side dishes, respectively.
We were so happy about the fact that they have such big servings, not only for the dishes we ordered (I spied on the dishes of the people in the restaurant.hehe). Both our side dishes were excellent that even if the meal had rice included, I ended up not eating it because of my mac and cheese which had the right amount of creaminess and cheesiness.

However, J seemed to enjoy his New York Steak more than I did with my T-bone because I found it a bit dry or probably overcooked. But then again, I guess it’s not that bad when I consider the price. Also, they didn’t ask how I wanted my steak cooked. 
But overall, our experience was great: full, satisfied bellies with only a P520 bill. Though the place is far from a fancy steakhouse, you can’t really argue with good and affordable food. I actually have an idea for next order once we go back. Ribs here I come!!!
PLUS., most imporantly, I made my date happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment