Wednesday, March 14, 2012

BLACKSOUP CAFE + Artspace

Oct 2010

With my favorite restaurant just next door (Van Gogh is Bipolar), you could imagine how I felt when I found out they were closed this particular day- this actually happens a lot especially with a travel junkie-bipolar owner. To make things worse, I was really really hungry already. And so, close to tears, we ended up checking out this restaurant next door that we haven't really noticed before (because we were so fixated with VGIB). Once I noticed how inviting the  sign that said "cafe + artspace blacksoup" in  black bold embossed letters in such an beautifully contemporary way was, my frustration immediately turned into excitement in trying out something new. 

I wasn't disappointed once we entered, as I saw how the place was designed. Different photographs surrounded the walls- it sort of had a hipster vibe actually. The place was definitely a treat to look at. 

I named these fishies Ping and Pong. :P
 I want to kick myself for not taking enough pictures of the place. 

Blacksoup Cafe + Art serves interesting fusion pinoy dishes. Thus, I thank the heavens that VGIB was closed that night, because if not, I wouldn't have tasted Black Soup Cafe's TAPA PASTA. I don't know what urged me to order it. It was probably a "best seller logo" beside it or maybe because it sounded so interesting.  But nonetheless, the tapa gods gave me something unique that I couldn't stop eating. I even ended up not sharing it because I finished it that quickly. They have other pasta fusions like their Spicy Tuyo Pasta.
Tapa Pasta (P150)- 2011 updated price
Their Lamb inasal was also good but the dalandan salad that was served with it tasted a bit off. Maybe the acidity of the dalandan was just not to my liking. 
Lamb Inasal with Dalandan salad (P250)
Other best sellers you'd like to try for a unique pinoy cuisine experience are their appetizer of spicy balut or an Adobo Flakes sandwich among many others. 
And of course, don't miss out on ordering their MANGO TURON for dessert! Served with ice cream, you'll definitely end your meal perfectly.
Mango Turon (P85)
Blacksoup cafe + Artspace also hosts movie nights, open mic nights and other similar activities which I hope I'd get the chance to take part of in the future. 

Unit G, Maginhawa Bldg., 154 Maginhawa St., Sikatuna Village, Quezon City, Philippines
435.2549 / 0915.3055480 
Payment                    Cash only 
Hours
Mon - Sat:12:00 pm-3:00 pm
6:00 pm-11:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment