Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Love food, love art @ The Vinci Gallery Cafe in Katipunan

My camera isn't a part of my body so I don't always have it with me every time I go out. Sometimes, when we do spontaneously visit a new and interesting restaurant, I have to settle with my camera phone. Once upon a date night, me and J spontaneously headed out to one of our favorite hangout spots- Katipunan. A lot has changed since our first few years in Ateneo and in a span of just a year or two, there were a couple of restaurants that popped up right under our noses. 

One of which is The Vinci Gallery Cafe. This art inspired restaurant is located right below  Katipunan's famous drinking place, Drews Bar. The walls were covered with beautiful paintings that I wouldn't mind buying if I had the money. Everything about the restaurant was interesting and fitting with the theme, from the chairs to the color, giving it a fun yet sophisticated ambiance. I also loved the fact that one of the sides of the restaurant were windows.



I particularly love how they made their tables using old love poem books and varnish. So while waiting for your orders, you can do a quick reading. Great idea and concept actually! I think I'll try this out in the near future.

The food was good, especially considering how affordable they are. The steak we ordered needed a little bit more flavor but the pasta was yummy.
Beef Tenderloin (P185)
Fettuccine Al Fungi (P140)
Overall, the restaurant is a good choice for a chill date night- especially for the younger couples because of the affordable food. It is also great for barkada food trips considering that they have a big space to accommodate any of you.  Check out their menu:


The Vinci Gallery Cafe
2nd floor J&R Concon Center 91 Alvero St. Loyola Heights Quezon City
For reservations, bdays and functions call or text:
0916.774.9303
0922.882.0390


No comments:

Post a Comment