Monday, April 2, 2012

Relaxing Swiss fine dine experience @ VIEUX CHALET, Antipolo

I'm blogging about this based purely on my retained memory of our visit three months ago. We were desperate for something new..and, also something special for our third year. I have this habit of listing down restaurants I come across from the interwebs, which has proven useful for a couple of times. Actually, a lot. This was on the top of my "must go to on special occasions" list. 

Vieux Chalet is a fine Swiss cuisine restaurant beautifully situated in the mountains, in Antipolo. It belongs to the Hassig Family and has been running for decades. Vieux Chalet is part of (or beside) St. Moritz Swiss Inn- Bretsch and Barrie Bed and Breakfast. The B&B actually looks very relaxing, a perfect place for any city resident to get away from the hustle and bustle. Their spa also seems very inviting. A sort of place I'd trust to rid the stress that could ever get to me.
As for the food.. Let's just say, our long drive to the mountains (including getting lost) from the city was worth it. We really hit a gold mine with the dishes we ordered, I think.
 
Complementary bread sticks
We asked the very friendly waitress on what their best sellers are, as always, and we ended up ordering the following. For our appetizer, we had their homemade ravioli stuffed with homemade ricotta cheese and spinach; topped with a white sauce and truffle oil. Just by the sound of it, I could't help not to order it. It turns out that it was actually surprisingly filling. Their Homemade Smoked Pork Chop was equally good. It is served with the choice of 3 sauces: Mushroom sauce, mustard sauce and Sauce Cafe de Paris. The flavors are infused well in the meat and is complemented well with the hashbrown served with it. 
Ricotta-Spinach Ravioli in Al Panna Sauce with Truffle Oil (P295)


Homemade Smoked Pork Chop in Mushroom Sauce (P535)
As for the pizza we ordered.. I don;t even know where to start. I'm not sure if it was the intense hunger I was feeling or it was really THAT good. But from my very first bite up to the last, I couldn't think of anything else but "damn this must be the best pizza I've ever had". The whole time, I couldn't figure out what exactly gave this pizza the edge; what sets it apart from the others. For every bite, i had this in mind and the closest answer I could get was probably its crust. It was different, in a good way. and probably the cheese...and the freshness of the tomatoes (considering I never eat them; i even take them out from my burgers). 
Pizza Napoli 10" (P385)
Our annoyance from our trip (and getting lost) was erased after dinner. The over-all satisfaction of it couldn't be ignored. The very friendly and perky head waiter couldn't have been more helpful to contribute to it too. Everyone was so friendly, I wanted to hug them. 

The tricky part is getting there. Here's a map that they provide through their website http://www.vieuxchaletswissrestaurant.com/maps-and-directions.html  but I suggest it's better if you consult google maps or any other road maps your hands can get a hold off also so as not to get lost. You'll probably end up asking for directions so know how to pronounce the Vieux chalet right, since the locals might not understand you if you pronounce it wrong. <Vi-yew Cha-ley> Yes they know how to say it properly.



-B

Antipolo City: 
09282888584/(02) 6970396


No comments:

Post a Comment